- 2012 Buchanan Lecturer: Dr. Allen Marr
- Poster Presentation at ASDSO Dam Safety 2012
On September 17th, 2012, former Rensselaer Graduate Student Tamara Desrosiers made a poster presentation entitled, “Real-Time Field Monitoring of Levees and Earthen Dams within a Comprehensive System for Management and Safety Assessment,” at the Dam Safety 2012 Conference of the Association of Sate and Dam Safety Officials (ASDSO). The ASDSO national conference is one of ...
- CEES Faculty Participate in Large Scale Levee test in The Netherlands Professors Abdoun, Zeghal, and Bennett collaborated on a full scale levee test collapse performed in The Netherlands.
For more information, see the article on RPI’s news page.
- DFI-CSCE Spring Workshop: Role of Performance Monitoring for Constructed Facilities April 13, 2012
This short course focuses on the use of instrumentation and monitoring to help manage risk during construction and deliver constructed facilities that perform well. Dr. Allen Marr will emphasize the following points: What is the value of instrumentation and monitoring (I&M); The importance of using a systematic approach to deliver a successful I&M ...
- Geo-Noon Seminar Series UC Berkeley, CA
March 14, 2012
GeoEngineering Seminar: Real-Time Field Monitoring of Levees within a Comprehensive Health Assessment Framework presented by Victoria Bennett. Assessing the health of and maintaining civil infrastructure has been an increased concern worldwide in the wake of natural disasters such as Hurricane Katrina in 2005 and the summer 2007 flood events in the ...
- International Symposium on Advances in Ground Technology and Geo-Information (IS-AGTG)
December 1-2, 2011
The purpose of this international symposium is to provide a platform to showcase recent advances in ground technology and geo-information systems. Dr. Tarek Abdoun will present a keynote lecture at this symposium.
For more information, please visit: http://www.is-agtg.com/
- 2nd UrbanFlood Workshop – Intelligent dike monitoring for the 21st century Amsterdam, The Netherlands
November 3, 2011
UrbanFlood is a 7th framework project supported by the European Union, which investigates the use of sensors within flood embankments to support an online early warning system and real-time emergency management. Dr. Tarek Abdoun will attend this workshop as an advisory board member.
For more information, please visit: 2nd UrbanFlood Workshop
- 8th International Workshop on Structural Health Monitoring Stanford University, CA, USA
September 13-15, 2011
The purpose of this international workshop is to assess the current state-of-the-art technologies in this field and to discuss and identify key and emerging issues in research and development that are critical and unique in structural health monitoring. Dr. Mourad Zeghal presented this NIST project in a NIST-TIP specific session.
- WaterTech Conference K-Water Institute of Korea
K-water has more than 40 years experience managing water resources and regional water supply systems. Dr. Mourad Zeghal presented this NIST project within the context of water resource management.
- Collaboration with UrbanFlood Test Site in Boston, UK
The UrbanFlood project selected Boston, UK as one of the pilot sites for an Early Warning System Framework, incorporating Geobeads (Alert Solutions), GeoDetect (TenCate), and ShapeAccelArrays (Measurand). The instrumentation was selected on the basis of previous experimentation and comparison of instruments installed in full-scale dike failure tests in the Netherlands (IJkDijk).
- Geo-Frontiers 2011 Dallas, TX
March 13-16, 2011
The objective of this conference is to share new developments in geotechnical engineering technologies. Dr. Tarek Abdoun will present the use of multi-scale monitoring for geotechnical asset management.
For more information, please visit: http://www.geofrontiers11.com/
- Joint UrbanFlood and SG4E Workshop on Monitoring and Flood Safety Amsterdam, The Netherlands
November 11-12, 2010
The goal of this workshop is a forum for sharing the UrbanFlood and SG4E project results, in addition to providing an opportunity for international researchers on similar topics to communicate their recently gained knowledge. Dr. Tarek Abdoun and Dr. Mourad Zeghal will both attend this workshop to present recent advances related ...
- RICC 2010 – Research to Reality Workshop Northeastern University
October 19, 2010, 11:40am – 12:05pm
This 11th Annual Research and Industrial Collaboration Conference (RICC), presented by the Bernard M. Gordon Center for Subsurface Sensing and Imaging Systems and the Awareness & Localization of Explosives-Related Threats – ALERT, will focus on “Research to Reality” (R2R) or transitioning university research to the field. Dr. Birsen Yazici ...
- IPRPI Symposium on Inverse Problems and System Identification of GeoSystems Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute
March 29-30, 2010
Inverse problem and system identification techniques play an important role in the characterization and modeling of the response of geosystems. These techniques are expected to have in the future an ever growing impact on the ways we monitor, model, analyze and design geosystems. The Inverse Problem Center at RPI (IPRPI) is ...
- Rapid Levee Consolidation – 9 Million Linear Feet of Wick Drains Speeds Process McGraw-Hill Construction Video Library