- 2012 Buchanan Lecturer: Dr. Allen Marr
- Poster Presentation at ASDSO Dam Safety 2012
On September 17th, 2012, former Rensselaer Graduate Student Tamara Desrosiers made a poster presentation entitled, “Real-Time Field Monitoring of Levees and Earthen Dams within a Comprehensive System for Management and Safety Assessment,” at the Dam Safety 2012 Conference of the Association of Sate and Dam Safety Officials (ASDSO). The ASDSO national conference is one of ...
- CEES Faculty Participate in Large Scale Levee test in The Netherlands Professors Abdoun, Zeghal, and Bennett collaborated on a full scale levee test collapse performed in The Netherlands.
For more information, see the article on RPI’s news page.
- DFI-CSCE Spring Workshop: Role of Performance Monitoring for Constructed Facilities April 13, 2012
This short course focuses on the use of instrumentation and monitoring to help manage risk during construction and deliver constructed facilities that perform well. Dr. Allen Marr will emphasize the following points: What is the value of instrumentation and monitoring (I&M); The importance of using a systematic approach to deliver a successful I&M ...
- Geo-Noon Seminar Series UC Berkeley, CA
March 14, 2012
GeoEngineering Seminar: Real-Time Field Monitoring of Levees within a Comprehensive Health Assessment Framework presented by Victoria Bennett. Assessing the health of and maintaining civil infrastructure has been an increased concern worldwide in the wake of natural disasters such as Hurricane Katrina in 2005 and the summer 2007 flood events in the ...